Terms and Conditions:
1CitiBusiness ThankYou® Card Terms and Conditions
• ThankYou Rewards is offered to certain cardmembers who are the Authorized Officer ("you") at the sole discretion of Citibank, N.A. ("we"), the issuer of your card account ("Card Account"). ThankYou Rewards or any portion thereof may be revised or terminated with thirty (30) days prior written notice. Any revisions may affect your ability to use the ThankYou Points you have already accumulated. If ThankYou Rewards is terminated, you will only have ninety (90) days from termination date to redeem all your accumulated ThankYou Rewards points ("ThankYou Points"). ThankYou Rewards and the ThankYou Point levels required for specific rewards are subject to change without notice.
• Unless you are participating in a limited-time promotional offer, you will earn one (1) ThankYou Point for every dollar you spend on purchases ("Base Earn Rate"). You will also earn an additional two (2) ThankYou Points (for a total of 3 points) for every dollar you spend on eligible purchases in business categories that rotate throughout the year. Only purchases are eligible to earn ThankYou Points. Your ThankYou Points will not expire unless we terminate ThankYou Rewards.
• The following are the business categories and the respective calendar quarter in which you will earn three (3) ThankYou Points for every dollar you spend on eligible purchases:
- January—March: Office supply merchants, advertising services and professional services
- April—June: Computer equipment merchants, software merchants and telecommunications merchants
- July—September: Airlines, hotels and car rental merchants
- October—December: Restaurants and entertainment
• Office supply merchants are defined as stand-alone merchants that primarily sell stationery and office supplies for business consumption. Professional services are defined as stand-alone tax preparation, accounting, bookkeeping and legal service providers that provide their respective services to businesses. Advertising services are defined as merchants that prepare advertising, such as copywriting, artwork and graphics, and place advertising in media for clients. Computer equipment merchants are defined as distributors of computer hardware, software and related equipment that may or may not include computer repair work. This excludes merchants that classify themselves as electronics suppliers. Software merchants are defined as sellers of computer software programs who also may or may not sell or lease computer hardware. Telecommunications merchants are defined as merchants that sell telecommunications equipment such as telephones, fax machines, pagers and cellular phones, along with providers of telecommunications services, including local and long-distance telephone calls and fax services. Airlines are defined as stand-alone air carriers and airline travel providers. Purchases made through travel agencies, tour operators and online 3rd party travel sites may not be eligible. Hotels are defined as lodging establishments that provide sleeping or meeting room accommodations, such as bed and breakfasts, inns, resorts, cabins and hostels. Purchases made through travel agencies, tour operators and online 3rd party travel sites may not be eligible. Car rental merchants are defined as providers of short-term or long-term rentals of cars, trucks or vans. This does not include merchants that rent motor homes or other recreational vehicles. Restaurants, excluding fast food restaurants, are defined as stand-alone merchants that prepare food and beverages for immediate consumption, typically on the merchant’s premises. Entertainment is defined as movie theater operators, including drive-in theaters; merchants that operate live theatrical productions and their associated ticket agencies; entertainers such as musicians, bands, orchestras, comedians and magicians; sports arenas, stadiums and merchants that operate and promote semi-professional and professional sports; merchants that operate public golf courses (this may not include purchases made at pro shops that sell golf supplies and equipment); merchants that operate sports and recreation facilities requiring membership, such as health clubs, country clubs and private golf clubs.
• You will be automatically enrolled to receive 3 points per dollar spent on eligible purchases in the business categories listed above during the calendar quarter specified. Purchases not eligible to receive the 3 points include, but are not limited to, purchases made at warehouse clubs, discount stores, department stores and convenience stores. Online, catalog, mail order and telephone purchases are not eligible to receive 3 points unless the merchants appropriately identify these transactions. We do not determine whether merchants appropriately identify all transactions you make on your Card Account, but we do reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for ThankYou Points.
• At the end of each CitiBusiness ThankYou Card account membership year (your membership year begins the date you become a CitiBusiness ThankYou cardmember and resets each year on that date) you will also earn an Anniversary Bonus calculated as a percentage of ThankYou Points earned from purchases under the "Base Earn Rate" during that membership year as follows:
- Membership Year 0-1: 1% anniversary bonus
- Membership Year 1-2: 2% anniversary bonus
- Membership Years 2 and after: 3% anniversary bonus
Note: the Anniversary Bonus calculation does not include any other points, including bonus ThankYou Points, you may have earned during that membership year. It may take 1-3 billing statements for the Anniversary Bonus to post to your Card Account at the end of each membership year.
• You may earn ThankYou Points as long as your Card Account is open and current. If your Card Account is closed, you will not be able to earn ThankYou Points and you will lose any accumulated ThankYou Points that have not been transferred to your ThankYou Member Account. Balance transfers, cash advances, convenience checks, returned purchases, disputed or unauthorized purchases/fraudulent transactions, finance charges, Card Account fees, and fees for services and programs you elect to receive through us do not earn ThankYou Points unless otherwise specified.
• If you are approved for a Card Account, a ThankYou Rewards Member Account ("ThankYou Member Account") will be set up for you, the Authorized Officer. ThankYou Points post to your Card Account at the close of each billing cycle, and at that time we will transfer ThankYou Points you earned to your ThankYou Member Account. The ThankYou Points transferred to the Authorized Officer's ThankYou Member Account will include those earned through purchases made with an additional employee card. ThankYou Points are not eligible for redemption until they are transferred to your ThankYou Member Account. ThankYou Points may not be redeemed and may be lost if your Card Account is not open or current. ThankYou Points can only be redeemed by the Authorized Officer, but may be used for another person.
2For the CitiBusiness ThankYou Card: The introductory APR for purchases is 0% for the first 6 months. After that, the standard variable APR for purchases will apply. The standard variable APR for purchases is 13.24%; the standard variable APR for cash advances is 21.99%. However, if you default under any Card Agreement, Citi may increase the rate on balances (including promotional balances) to a variable default rate of 29.99%. Minimum finance charge — $.50. Fee for foreign purchases — 3% of the U.S. dollar amount of each purchase made outside the U.S. whether made in U.S. dollars or in a foreign currency. Cash advance fee — 3% of cash advance amount, $5 minimum. Balance transfer fee — 3% of balance transfer amount, minimum $5.
3For the CitiBusiness ThankYou MasterCard account, Purchase Assurance® coverage (Coverage is limited to $10,000 per incident and $50,000 per cardmember account per year) is secondary coverage and is underwritten by Virginia Surety Company, Inc. For the CitiBusiness ThankYou Visa card, Purchase Security coverage (Coverage is limited to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardmember) is excess coverage and is underwritten by Indemnity Insurance Company of North America. For both benefits, certain conditions, restrictions and exclusions apply. Details of coverage will be provided upon cardmembership.
4MasterAssist™ Services are provided free of charge; however, you may be responsible for associated costs. (For example, legal referrals are free, but the lawyer’s fee is your responsibility.) Visa Travel and Emergency Assistance provides assistance and referrals only. You are responsible for the cost of any actual medical, legal, transportation, cash advance or other services or goods provided. For both benefits, certain conditions and restrictions apply. Program details will be provided upon cardmembership.