- • Get the first eligible bag checked free for you and up to 4 travel companions.†
- • Enjoy Group 1 Boarding and use the extra time to prepare for your flight.1
- • Earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount each year of cardmembership in which you spend $30,000 or more in purchases and renew your cardmembership.2
- • Earn AAdvantage® miles for using AAdvantage® miles. Earn 10% of your redeemed
AAdvantage® miles back — up to 10,000 AAdvantage® miles each calendar year.5
- • Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 you spend on eligible American Airlines purchases3 and 1
AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases.6
- • Receive a 25% savings on in-flight food and beverage purchases when you use your card.7
- • Travel with ease and enjoy global acceptance with your Citi Card with Chip Technology.
† First Checked Bag Free: For benefit to apply, at the time of booking, Citi® / AAdvantage® account must have been open at least 7 days and reservation must include the primary cardmember's American Airlines AAdvantage® number. If your credit card account is closed for any reason, these benefits will be cancelled. This benefit is valid for travel booked and ticketed on or after April 2, 2012. Eligible Citi® / AAdvantage® primary cardmembers may check one bag free of charge when traveling to domestic destinations on flights marketed and operated by American Airlines, or on flights marketed by American Airlines and operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., Executive Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., or Chautauqua Airlines, Inc. These benefits will not be available for travel on codeshare flights booked with an AA flight number but operated by another airline. For the Citi® / AAdvantage® card, up to four customers traveling with the eligible primary cardmember will also get their first checked bag free of charge if they are listed in the same reservation. Waiver does not apply to overweight or oversized bags. This benefit cannot be combined with any existing AAdvantage® elite program benefits, including any waiver of baggage charges. Please see aa.com for baggage weight and size restrictions. Additional terms, conditions and restrictions may apply. Applicable terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
*This Citi® / AAdvantage® card offer is valid only for new Citi® / AAdvantage® accounts applied for pursuant to this offer and excludes any other Citi® / AAdvantage® credit cards offered.
1. Group 1 Boarding
For benefit to apply, at the time of booking, Citi® / AAdvantage® account must have been open at least 7 days and reservation must include the primary cardmember's American Airlines AAdvantage® number. If your credit card account is closed for any reason, these benefits will be cancelled. This benefit is valid for travel booked and ticketed on or after April 2, 2012. The Priority Boarding benefit on your Citi® / AAdvantage® card will display at the top of your American Airlines boarding pass as Group 1. Eligible Citi® / AAdvantage® cardmembers will have priority boarding with Group 1 privileges on flights operated and marketed by American Airlines, or on flights marketed by American Airlines and operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., Executive Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., or Chautauqua Airlines, Inc. Priority boarding group with Group 1 will only be printed on the boarding pass of the eligible Citi® / AAdvantage® primary credit cardmember. Up to four customers traveling with and listed in the same reservation as the Citi® / AAdvantage® primary credit cardmember are eligible for priority boarding with Group 1. These benefits will not be available for travel on codeshare flights booked with an AA flight number but operated by another airline. Applicable terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
2. $100 Flight Discount: Earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount when you spend $30,000 or more in purchases on your Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card during your cardmembership year (each 12 month period prior to your anniversary date) and your account remains open for at least 45 days after your anniversary. The Flight Discount expires one year from date of issue. The Flight Discount is redeemable toward the initial electronic ticket purchase of air travel wholly on flights operated by American Airlines, American Eagle or the American Connection® carrier for itineraries sold and originating in the U.S., Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands. The Flight Discount is also redeemable for air travel on any oneworld® carrier or American Airlines codeshare flight. The Flight Discount is redeemable online at aa.com. The Flight Discount is redeemable only toward the purchase of the base air fare and directly associated taxes, fees and charges that are collected as part of the fare calculation for travel. The Flight Discount may not be used for flight products and/or services that are sold separately or non-flight products and/or services sold by American Airlines. If the ticket price is greater than the value of the Flight Discount, the difference must be paid only with a credit, debit or charge card, or with American Airlines Gift Cards. If travel booked with the Flight Discount is cancelled or changed by the cardmember, the Flight Discount will be forfeited and the cardmember will be responsible for any applicable fare difference and the applicable change fee. The Flight Discount will not be replaced for any reason. The Flight Discount is non-refundable, may not be sold and has no cash redemption value. If the $30,000 purchase requirement was met during your cardmembership year and your account remains open for at least 45 days after your anniversary, please allow 8-12 weeks for the Flight Discount delivery.
3. You will earn two American Airlines AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on eligible purchases made with your Citi® / AAdvantage® card for items billed by American Airlines as merchant of record. Only the primary cardmember is eligible to earn miles. Products or services that do not qualify are car rentals, hotel reservations, AmericanAirlines VacationSM packages, purchases of American Airlines AAdvantage® miles, duty free purchases and AA CargoSM products and services. AAdvantage® bonus miles will be posted to your AAdvantage® account 8–10 weeks after a qualifying purchase.
4. For the Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®: The standard variable APR for purchases - 15.24% and also applies to balance transfers; standard variable APR for cash advances - 25.24%. The variable Penalty APR is up to 29.99% and may be applied if you make a late payment or make a payment that is returned. The annual fee for this card is $95. However, this fee is waived for the first 12 months. Also, other fees will be assessed. Minimum interest charge - $0.50. Fee for foreign purchases - 3% of each purchase transaction in U.S. dollars. Cash advance fee - Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater. Balance transfer fee - Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
5. For benefit to apply, your Citi® / AAdvantage® account must be open and active at the time of redemption. The American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles you earn through this benefit will be based on 10% of the total AAdvantage® miles you redeem each month during the calendar year. The maximum number of AAdvantage® bonus miles you can earn annually from this benefit is 10,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles per calendar year, regardless of how many AAdvantage® miles you redeem in that calendar year. This benefit only applies to AAdvantage® miles redeemed from the primary cardmember's AAdvantage® account. Discover all the ways to redeem AAdvantage® miles at aa.com/redeem. Please allow 6-8 weeks after your redemption for the American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles to post to the primary cardmember's AAdvantage® account.
6. AAdvantage® miles are earned on purchases, except returned goods and services, cash advances, convenience checks, transferred balances, credits, fees and interest charges. Only the primary cardmember is eligible to earn miles.
7. Citi® / AAdvantage® cardmembers will receive a 25% savings on in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and headsets on flights operated by American Airlines when purchased with their
Citi® / AAdvantage® card. Savings do not apply to any other in-flight purchases, such as wireless internet access, SkyMallTM and DutyFree. Offer is available on eligible flights as long as supplies last. Savings will appear as a statement credit 6–8 weeks after the transaction is posted to the cardmember's credit card account. Additional terms, conditions and restrictions may apply. Applicable terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
8. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage® account 8-10 weeks after you have met the purchase requirement. Only the primary cardmember is eligible to earn miles.
The Citi® / AAdvantage® card is offered in many countries. If you are not a U.S. resident, visit www.global.aadvantage.citicards.com for information on how to apply for the card where you live.
American Eagle® service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., Executive Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., or ExpressJet Airlines, Inc. American Connection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc.
American Airlines reserves the right to change AAdvantage® program rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers at any time without notice and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the mileage awards or credits that you have accumulated. Members may not be able to obtain all offered awards at all times or use awards for all destinations or on all flights. AAdvantage® travel awards, mileage accrual and special offers are subject to government regulations. Unless specified, AAdvantage® miles earned through this promotion/offer do not count towards elite status qualification or Million MilerSM status. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage® program, visit aa.com/aadvantage.
AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, AAdvantage with Scissor Eagle Design, Scissor Eagle Design, American Eagle, American Connection, AmericanAirlines Vacations, AA Cargo, Million Miler are marks of American Airlines, Inc.
Citibank is not responsible for products or services offered by other companies.
MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International, Incorporated.
oneworld is a mark of the oneworld Alliance, LLC.
Terms and Conditions
Copyright© 2014 Citigroup Inc.